Monday, September 23, 2013

Low Carb Spaghetti Recipe

This past weekend between working on the food for game day I still needed to whip something up for our regular eats! I knew I had an option of chicken or sausage and I was feeling indecisive... so I asked the mister if he had a preference and he said that he always likes sausage which helped give me some direction. ;) About 30 - 45 minutes later I had a Paleo Friendly & Low Carb version of spaghetti! I'm pretty excited about it. ;) I'd wanted to use the newly purchased bag of Broccoli Slaw but wasn't sure just how I'd incorporate it. And can I just say growing up spaghetti was a favorite dish of mine?! Oh yes, yes it was. This was pretty good! I had seconds! Shhh ;)


Low Carb Spaghetti

What you'll need:

1 lb Ground Sausage
12 oz Bag of Broccoli Slaw
2 Tbspns Minced Onion
6 oz Tomato Paste
3 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
2 Tbspns Heavy Cream
1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
2 1/2 Cups Water
1/2 Teaspoon garlic
Dash Cumin
Dash of Pepper
Salt to Taste

What you do:

1) In a large pan over medium heat brown the sausage, once it's mostly browned add all other ingredients.
2) Stir ingredients until all the tomato paste is evenly distributed and seasonings are well blended.
3) Cover dish and simmer on Medium stirring occasionally until the broccoli is cooked to a tenderness you like.
4) Serve warm and top with Parmesan cheese if so desired.

Granted you can use spaghetti squash in place of Broccoli Slaw - feel free to play around with the recipe. Or enjoy it as is it! :D


*****

I have to say I added the coconut oil at the end in order to use my coconut oil. I recently read that coconut oil benefits our bodies and helps ward off disease in so many ways. But please, don't take my word for it.. feel free to read more about how it helps our skin, digestion and ease symptoms of certain diseases here on WebMD. I plan to try and work the miracle oil more and more into our diets, especially since I know my husband's side of the family has a history of Alziehmer's which this oil works wonders on, again... feel free to read more about it here on healthfitnessinfomagazine. 


*****

Here's to your health! ;) Cheers! ♥ Dawn

4 comments:

  1. This looks delish!!! Where did you find the broccoli slaw? I would love to try this but am thinking it would take me some time to shred my broccoli stalks if I can't find the slaw:) Love getting good recipe ideas from people who have made them personally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! :) Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment miss! :) Love hearing from you!

      I found the brocolli slaw in the produce section of Walmart. I hope your grocers carries this for you!

      Random side note: The slaw comes with cabbage, and since the mister doesn't care for the taste, I pull out all the purple pieces and freeze them for later. No, he doesn't ask me to do this (he doesn't even know I do this, lol) but once I have a bunch of frozen cabbage I think I'll make myself a dish with cabbage and bacon - yummo! ;)

      Best of luck finding the slaw miss! I can also send you a pic of what the bag looks like if I remember next time I go out. A visual is always helpful ^-^.

      Thanks again for takign the time to leave a comment! :)

      Best, Dawn

      Delete
  2. Wow - you are such a sweety - pulling all the cabbage out:) That's love! Thanks for the picture too. It was super helpful;) Now I've just got to look for it at our WalMart. Working on our meal plan tonight for the week and this is looking promising:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I try! ;) I hope you were able to find the slaw! It's pretty a pretty versatile "pasta" substitute. I've heard shirataki noodles are pretty good too but haven't tried them yet! :)

      Delete

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...