Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Closing

Things happened so quickly I had no time to blog about it! lol. :0)

July 30th, 10:16PM I get a call from my husband, Donald who is out with his motorcycle friends and he tells me he has some good news and some bad news.

"Which do you want first?" He asks.

Here I am thinking, if he got in an accident I really don't want to know - cause I don't know that I can handle it. I really thought he was going to tell me - bad news, I wrecked - good news, I'm alive. :s. That and I tend to get anxious awaiting inevitable bad news lol....

"bad news first.", I replied.

"okay, bad news is, you can't go into work tomorrow, you HAVE to get them off, you CANNOT go."

"ok" I said waiting....

"good news is" he continued, "we close on the house tomorrow"

I didn't have the same response to the closing as I did on the house because I know how my company feels about unscheduled days off. Though I will say my work ethic speaks for itself - there was one time I went to the Emergency room in the middle of the day and went back to work afterward. Who else does that?? Argh.. anyways, I digress - back to the story :0)

"okay, I'll call my supervisor - I want you home."

That was about it. My supervisor ended up being the one to reassure me that they would be okay sine the work was all caught up :0) But I heard about it from those above her that I didn't give notice.

"psssshhhhhh" is all I have to say about that. ;0)

SO Friday, July 31st, 2009 the hubby and I signed on the house :0). Our renting lease isn't up until mid November. There are tenants in the house until the end of August so that's helpful as far as payments go. I'm sure I'll be much more excited once the huge bill of rent/mortgage is behind us and we're out of renting. Then time to make a budget! lol :-)

Without further ado - here is a quick pic I got the day of the closing - we went by after the signing. :0)



1 comment:

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...