Saturday, February 23, 2013

Study Blanket Squares - 19 out of 192

I want the study blanket to be a pretty good sized blanket. Not quite as big as a twin blanket but not as small as a throw blanket either. I did some digging on the internets and decided 73 x 51 inches was a good goal to shoot for. I measured my finished granny square swatch and it's 4 1/4 inch squared, ;) of course :). Doing a bit of math I realized I was going to have a blanket 12 squares wide by 16 squares tall or vice versa ;) to get close to my number of 73 x 51 inches and still allow a bit of edge work to be done. I can appreciate that crocheted blankets are forgiving in that should I work up my 12 x 16 granny squares blanket and find I want it wider or longer I can just add another row of squares :). I could be wrong, but I can't see sewing a quilt being that forgiving. Just saying ;)

Naturally I'm now aware that I will be making a total of 192 of these warming granny squares. O.O It's going to be great :). I don't know how long it will take as I may be asked to work up something for the shop as I work this up, (this reminds me I have a keychain to make!). But I will be faithful to share the my granny square progress! Last night I purchased 5 more Saffron skeins having done the math there as well to see how many would be needed. The color was on sale for $1.99 a skein which helped me clean out their lot of it ;). Oh yes, I'm in it for the long haul now. :) 

Here are the pics of 19 completed squares - as you can see I am joining the squares as I go. :) 



2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! very nice job. :) they remind me of some crocheted throws my grandma made :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! :) I bet your grandma's blankets were pretty awesome! :D This blanket reminds me of a 70's blanket but in darker more modern(?) colors. :) I'm up to 24 squares as of last night! :) Yay! :)

      Delete

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...