The original recipe is found here on Justapinch.
Here I'm sharing with you my variation :).
Green Bean Casserole with Chicken
2 cans french cut green beans
1 can regular cut green beans No Salt & No Sugar (in an effort to cut down the sodium)
3 lbs ground chicken
1 cup chopped onion
1 - 26 oz jar of Bea's Brooklyn's Vodka Sauce
2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1) Pull out a 9 x 13 casserole dish and lightly sprinkle garlic powder on the bottom. Set aside.
2) Open the cans of green beans, place them in a colander and towel dry if needed. Set aside.
3) In a large skillet add the chopped onion, stir until tender/translucent.
4) Add chicken to the skillet and cook until brown. Drain excess water.
5) Spoon about a third of the green beans into the casserole dish, then top with the chicken/onion mixture, then the vodka sauce and a third of the mozzarella cheese. Continue layers until ingredients are exhausted.
Sprinkle a layer of Parmesan cheese on top, then garlic powder and lastly pepper.
Bake for 30 minutes at 375 until top layer is lightly brown.
PS - The mister said he thought it was pretty tasty. :) This is good. He's a very honest man ;). lol I myself appreciate the textures and flavors of this recipe. I've since found that this recipe reheats well too!