Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Meatballs...

Nom, nom, nom! :) I eat them up! I eat them up with a side of homemade ketchup so as to do away with what sugar I can!

These meatballs are moderately paleo and lower carb than most (that would use bread).

Here's the goods - in bullet point form because I think its easier to read that way ;)

What you need:

Meat Ball:

- 1/4 c heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 lb ground beef of your choice
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1 T Parmesan cheese
- 2 T coconut flour
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/4 c minced cilantro (or herb of your choice)

Filling:

- cheddar cheese (mild sharp or otherwise, whatever flavor is to your liking will do)

Preheat your oven to 350.

1) Mix all the meatball ingredients together with your hands and mix it up real good like the success of this recipe depends on how well its mixed (because it really is ;))

2) Cut your cheese into about an inch cubes. Cut at least 12.

3) With your hands grab about a golf sized amount of the meatball mix and press it down into the palm of your hand. Add a cheese cube to the middle of the meat ball and work the meat around it, sealing in the cheese.

4) Once you've rolled up your cheese chunks place them in the oven 350 for 30 minutes.

I lined my pan with parchment paper but found in the end still had to clean the pan. Do as you please :). to use or not to use the parchment paper.. that is the question. ;)

NOTE: I got fed up with trying to chop the cilantro - make no mistake, its far easier to cut herbs with scissors than it is to chop them up with a knife... I'll save the wear on my wrists thank you. :) Just wanted to pass that little tidbit on.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...