Friday, April 19, 2013

How to Get More Pattern Sales on Ravelry


I've been a designer on Ravelry for a year and while designing has currently taken a back seat for me, when I was active I saw a few venues that seemed to help gain exposure for the patterns.


• Have a few ravelers test out your pattern and have them post up the end result, this will give your design more popularity in searches right off the bat! There is a group called Free Pattern Testers who I'm sure would love to hook you up! :) Um, pun intended ;)
• Make the item yourself and post up photos linked to the project. This ties in with the first suggestion of more projects made for a pattern the more popular they are in searches. Share these items with the groups you are part of!
• Blog - blog about your items and link your blog entries to the designs. This is two fold - more blog traffic and more exposure for your pattern on your blog - heck, link your ravelry design shop to your blog and/or blog post as well!
• Join groups that support the kind of designs you make - birds of a feather flock together!
• Make your own team of your design name and invite your friends ! ☺ Over time others will join and the group will grow in popularity. 
• If you have a lot of items you want to design - keep designing! The more diverse your pattern portfolio the more knitters/crocheters you'll bring to your design shop who will most likely find more than one pattern they like of yours!
I hope this helps! Let me know how these venues worked for you! 

I'm in no way a ravelry guru, though I am trying to be more tech savvy these days. It can be a bit trying with how often things change in this realm ;) Thankfully I can go to my yarn and find something familiar when it gets to be too much ☺lol

Happy Crafting! :)
~Dawn

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about the free tester group, this will be very helpful. Thanks Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet Rebecca! Happy crafting and good luck with your sales!!

      Delete

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...