Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Chicken & Cheese Ham Burgers! Paleo Friendly and Low Carb

 ** Pan Kissed Chicken & Cheese Ham Burgers! **

Yes - it's kind of a play on words here - I was trying ;) tee hee
Thank you to SmokedandGrilled for the base of this recipe geniusness! After making them once I decided to add a few additional items to spice it up and add more of our families favorite ingredient - cheese ;). though in some Paleo variations this is not an accepted food. Feel free to omit if you're doing Whole30! But of course ;)

****I cannot wait till it stops raining long enough for me to get these on the grill! :)****

I mean pan seared salty flavor from the meats is great - but to add a smokiness to them with the grill? YUM! And yet I wonder - liquid smoke... there is such a thing... O.O ^-^ For now - let's share the recipe as it is today shall we? :) ;)


What you'll need:

2lbs Ground Chicken
1 cup cooked ham - diced
2 cups Parmesan cheese - shredded
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp cilantro

1) Mix up the meats first
2) Add the cheese and spices - mix well.
3) Form into burger patties and cook 'em up!



I'm a bit of a condiment nut folks, so it *should* mean a lot ;) when I say these burgers don't need anything but to be eaten as is. You will still find me pulling out mayo and Paleo Ketchup though to dress this up if I am feeling especially like an otter that day ;).

Makes about a 13 burgers :) Feel free to cute the recipe in half for smaller crowds. I normally make food with leftovers for work in mind. Adjust accordingly ;)

5.9.13 UPDATE: -

LEFTOVERS FOR WORK - for the win! ;)



2 comments:

  1. I think I might try to make these into meatballs...maybe with shredded cheddar. Thanks for the great idea! I'm sure I will try them as written as well. Always looking for something easy to take for work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kd - meatballs sound like a good variation! Might have to try those myself ;). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...