Fiesta Egg Bake
- Bacon grease (or butter) to grease pan with
- 16 oz regular breakfast sausage
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/3 c heavy whipping cream
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 jalapeno minced
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4 cups shredded cheese
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2) Grease a 9" x 13" pan with bacon grease and set aside.
3) Add sausage, red pepper, onion, garlic and jalapeno to a stove top pan. Cover mixture and let simmer until vegetables are tender.
4) As the vegetables and sausage are simmering, in a separate bowl mix together the eggs and spices, mix well. Add the heavy whipping cream and whisk until its mixed well.
5) Once the sausage is browned and veggies are tender - add them to the 9" x 13" pan by spoonfuls making sure to spread the mixture out evenly.
7) Sprinkle the cheese on top, using a spatula push the cheese down just until the egg mixture covers the top of the cheese.
8) Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until the top is browning.
Now pull it out the oven and allow it to cool. The cheese is normally inflated and once it deflates a bit I know it's "go" time. ;) Time to eat! :D
Oh! Not only did I revisit this recipe but I managed to realize my avocado's were ripe enough to cut and store in the freezer for baking adventures later! :) This idea is brought to you by pinterest lol. But I had the foresight to execute it tonight! :D
I'm super proud!
The last time I got avocados I let them sit *too* long... they met their doom - the trash can. Womp. Womp.
Happy Creating Everyone! :D ~Dawn
Looking for more Low Carb recipes to bake?
Since posting this recipe I've started a foodie blog!
Find more low carb BAKING RECIPES HERE.
And more CASSEROLE RECIPES HERE.